Ugh, Sorry folks - I'm still working on the "Weekend back East" post, which is taking more time than I thought. Since I got back I have been busy with household tasks and the like. On Monday I wasted several hours on the computer (2 or 3 hours playing battlefield vietnam - a game which is slowly inching its way into the "makes me feel too guilty about wasting time" category; from here on out I've decided i'm ONLY playing when either Adam or Eryn is playing. That way, I can at least write it off as a "social" activity.)

On Monday night, Gwen cruised over and we watched Python's "Meaning of Life", which I had sadly never seen. (The Mick Flicks updates are still pending). Today (Tuesday, even though the post will say Wednesday), I made Gwen my "Life Coach" for the day and she helped me clean up my house and do a bunch of errands. (You see, Gwen is a very organized person who's on top of things like clutter control and bills and such; she definitely has a sprinkle of OCD which is nice - it certainly compliments my complete lack of ability to motivate and clean my house at times). Perhaps the biggest accomplishment of the day was taking down my Christmas Tree (yes, you read that right), which had been up for about 18 months (yes, you read that right too). Goodbye Star Wars and Spiderman ornaments, hello large empty space in my family room. Then Gwen alphabetized my book shelf (something I wouldn't have done on my own) and then dusted the two big rooms in my apartment. Meanwhile, I cleaned the kitchen hardily, organized my closet, and did laundry and some bills.

On top of that, we went grocery shopping and took the dry cleaning in. Sounds like an awfully mundane day for most, but for me all the above is a huge accomplishment.

To thank Gwen for helping me out, I took her out to dinner (sadly, we decided on the lowly Cheesecake factory up in Seattle, a mediocre establishment at best - everything Eryn ever said about the place is dead on). After that, for a variety of reasons we ended up seeing a little piece of tripe called the "Punisher". (Again, Mick Flicks review pending). Overall impression = pile of shit, which we pretty much expected going in. And I liked the old comic book character dammit.

So with that, I'm home - way too late. It's back to work tomorrow for the first time since last Thursday. I'm not particularly looking forward to it. I still have a lot of blogging to do. I hope it doesn't get pushed to the back burner like these things sometimes do. My east coast weekend was pretty cool.

(Eryn claims I ripped him off by ending most of my posts with song quotes - so I won't do it this time. Let the baby have his bottle, I always say.)