All of my attempts to do some serious bloggin’ this week have failed. And failed miserably. Things just keep popping up and preventing me from doing some serious updating. Oh well. Now it’s midnight on Wednesday and I should be nestled in bed but rather I’m typing faithfully to keep this sassy blog jamming along.

Much has happened since the last post, and no I don’t mean that rinky dink post that Iwan taunted. Here’s the scoop:

EASTER SUNDAY

After the ordeal with the ladies came Sunday. On Sunday I slept late, and then headed over to my mom’s cousin’s house to see that family and have some good old Easter dinner. This family, who I hadn’t met until I moved here, lives about 20 minutes away. They have a cool house with a nice view of the Seattle skyline. It’s an interesting dynamic, and the whole family (Husband, wife, 3 kids) are definitely an anomaly - the west coast version of the rest of my extended family. I always have a good time when I go over there.

There’s my mom’s cousin Cynthia (does that make me a second cousin? I’m not sure on the genealogy here). A very sweet lady.

Her husband Mike is also a nice guy - liberal and talkative. He's quite the woodworker complete with his own shop in the basement of the house.

The 3 kids are quite interesting. The oldest is Heath. Heath is gothish, preferring to dress in tailored black suits and the like and with a flair for the dramatic. He wakes up at 4 pm daily and goes to bed at 8 am. He’s linked heavily to this rave club in Seattle (I’ve been twice – the description of this place seriously warrants an entire blog entry on it’s own). The club isn’t even listed anywhere – you just have to know about it. Heath has perfect etiquette. He’s a really nice guy, too. Always smiling, always laughing. And he talks a ton of jovial shit while playing croquet.

Next there’s Heidi. She’s 30 years old. She and I have the same birthday. Heidi is an attractive and sweet sort of an all American girl type who likes shopping yada yada. Her boyfriend (now fiancĂ©e) is this humoungous (like 6’6”, 270 lb monster) yoked guy who looks like he could seriously be in the NFL. He’s really easy going, funny, and generally pleasant to be around.

Finally, there’s Justin. Justin is about 23 or 24 and has a bald shaved head. Seems to drinks a lot but is also quite honest about it. Also actually quite pleasant to be around.

The contrast in the three siblings is striking, but they are fun to hang out with. In the summer months when I visit there the game of choice is always croquet. Croquet is a fun game and I’m not very good at it. Certainly not as good as Heath or Justin who are pretty serious about it. It’s a blast there. I go over there, we all start drinking and playing. Then we go eat dinner and then play some more. It’s that simple and Easter Sunday was no different. But it’s very relaxing and tons of fun.

Also adding to the generic confusion of that house is that they have 2 dogs. A humongous german Shepard and a humongous Siberian Husky. Both are males, and they have to be separated because they actually brawl every time if they’re not. (I was told that this started happening about 2 years ago as the Shephard got older and bigger – apparently blood was being drawn on routine occasions). Anyway, they’re both fun dogs though I suspect the husky is partly psychotic (for example every once in awhile someone will be petting him and then his tale will simply stop wagging and he’ll look right at them and get completely stiff – it’s actually a bit unsettling).

So there it is. Easter dinner. Drinking croquet. Odd but fun family. Dog rivalry. Good times.

OTHER STUFF

I’m a little tired of typing at this point. But before I go, here’s a few more things:

-I’m leaving on a Thursday night red eye for the east coast and New Jersey to go to my cousin Tara’s wedding this weekend. I return on Monday. Should be fun. It will be the first time I’ve seen the fam since my sister’s high school graduation. My sister is bringing her boyfriend. (He’s dead.) I’m hoping to take lots of pics and post em up. I’m pumped because Saturday night we are going to cruise into Manhattan and get a nice dinner. I love a little NY, NY. Time to stock up on Giants gear. I wonder if they’ll have preprinted Eli Manning jerseys… :)

-Speaking of the Giants – besides possibly getting the first pick (I’ll be sure to record Papa Stup’s thoughts on the subject) they are also scheduled to play Philthy the first game of the season next year. Giants/Birds in the Linc. T.O vs. Shockey in the league’s biggest ‘tude battle ever. Oh man, bring on the football season.

-Taxes are due tomorrow (today) and I haven’t done them. This will be my third late year in a row. Luckily I’m still getting a refund so the government probably won’t care too much. I really do need a personal assistant to help me do this shit on time. (Or to delete all video games from this computer – ERYN!).

-Played hoops tonight in a (very) special Wednesday night session. I was feeling kind of springy for the first time in a while. And low and behold, I can still dunk a basketball. I hadn’t tried in a long time. My goal is to be still be dunking at age 40. Doubtful, but possible if I stay in decent shape and bike a lot.

-By the next entry, I will be officially be done with Catch 22. Stay tuned to the current read section.

-Similarly, I’m about 4 movies behind on Mick Flicks. Look for a recap in the coming week. Zombie Movies. Seventies movies. Seven Samurai. Rear Window. Stay tuned.

And there it is.

“Ooh this blog so scandalous. You know another blogger couldn’t handle this…”