Day Two

Man, this is going to be tough.

Got home a little while ago - just had time to shower and now its nearly time to go out to dinner and maybe a bar or two later. This is my ONLY window to post for the day. And I have to do this for a month? Yikes.

February 2nd is Groundhog's Day, which is important to me for two reasons. First, its my sister's birthday. "Little Mal", as she's affectionately known by my San Diego boys, and who probably remember her mostly as a happy-go-lucky little kid who was always running around the house, watching "The Little Mermaid" (seen by her, and by proxy me, no less than a million times), and who was fun to tease and wrassle, is 22 years old today. So happy Birthday Sis! Mally is currently finishing up college (at Baylor in Waco, Texas) and is applying to med school, and having several acceptances already, is waiting to hear from a few more schools before making her decision on where to go. She is nearly ten years younger than me - and the fact that she is applying to med school makes me feel old. It seems like only yesterday I was hot on the interview trail myself, styling about in a new suit and telling my interviewers how much I "liked science and helping people." But that's what time will do, I guess. So anyway, here's to Mal. She's the coolest!

Secondly, Groundhog's Day reminds me of the movie "Groundhog's Day", which is an epicly hilarious Bill Murray flick. Watch it.

So nice work on those two things. And with that - look at the time! I'm out!

See you tommorrow I guess....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two days in a row! Woot. How many days does it take to make a habit?

It'd be interesting to re-do those interviews now. "I like science, helping people and explosions. I enjoy body armor and wearing a gun to the office. I like long plane flights with the destination being one of the worst places on earth. Oh yeah, and I like Little Mermaid."

Anonymous said...

Mike: I expected you to be singing "I want to be where the people are"....

Discostup said...

"Up where they walk....

UP where they RUN

Up where they PLAY ALL DAY IN THE SUNNNNNNNNNN......

Wan-der-in' Free....

Wish I could be....

Part of their world....."