Day 8 - My night off

OK, brief post tonight. I played hoops earlier, got home late, ate dinner, entertained guests briefly, and now I'm left with no time to post and I have to get up early tomorrow.

You know what isn't fun? Knowing your girlfriend has to get on a helicopter after reading about 38 straight days of helicopter crashes (as a result of enemy fire) in the news. Ugh. BUT, she made it out of Ramadi, and is now in TQ. That means she will no longer be riding any choppers. It's all planes from here. Boo ya.

And with that, I'm off. Don't expect much of a post tomorrow either. I will throw something together, but not much, as it looks to be a busy day and going right into some wicked Euro night-life. I'll be back Saturday, though, probably with something in more detail. Doing daily posts like this is tough! But I'm sticking with it.

Hope you've enjoyed the month so far. Let's end with a random picture - this is a picture of me from January 1st, 2007, in our Pension room in Berlin. I'm wearing Army issue long underwear - which is actually high quality stuff - getting ready for a day and night on the town in the cold. We call this get-up the "Ninja Suit" for obvious reasons. I thought it made me look like a cross between a Ninja and Dieter from Sprockets. And I think the picture bears that theory out...


3 comments:

R said...

And what general name would they call you after that picture?

Discostup said...

I think, generally, they would call me an idiot....

Gabriel said...

I think more Diter and less ninja. But keep working the ninja angle to keep your heterosexuality in check.