Day 3

Today Pete and I are heading into the depths of Baumholder, which is home to the Second Brigade of the First Armored Division - better known as the unit I was in Iraq with (and the unit Pete still unfortunately has to work with). My specific (former) battalion, the 2-6 Infantry, is of course there as well. My specific (former) company, the HHC Company - also there. And of course, the medic platoon, which consisted of all the medics, Jeff, myself, our MSC Officer, and our NCO's.


Today I revisit those guys. Through Jeff and Pete, a little get together has been organized and so we're all heading up there to hang out, tell war stories, and drink some beer. Should be a good time - I haven't seen much of Jeff or any of the medics since "Re-integration" (great eerie military term) completed in mid-November.

I'm really looking forward to it. I certainly didn't love being in Iraq, but I do have many fond memories of those medics and I was always proud of the stuff they were doing, outside the wire, everyday, quite literally saving lives, often while under fire or near secondary IEDs, etc.

They are a good bunch of guys and I can't wait to buy 'em a few drinks and catch up. I'll bring my camera.

More on this in a later post - right now I gotta get going.

No comments: