Das Fest








Back from Munich and the madness of Oktoberfest. Thanks to a Giants game from 2:30 am to 6:00 am last night and a full day of work today, I'm beat. Here's a couple of quick pics. A more detailed post will follow later in the week.

Briefly, we headed down Friday evening by train and met up with my med school buddy Jamie and his wife Laurie (who were accompanied by another couple as well). Since Gwen and I arrived late on Friday night and they were all already drunk, we took it easy that night. On Saturday, however, we hit the fest and hit it hard. It's something, alright. Really something. From crowds to beer to singing to funboys galore, das fest is a sight to behold.

Unfortunately my camera took a lot of fuzzy out-of-focus pics. There are plenty of good ones, however, including several damn fine shots of funboys in their glory. For now, enjoy this batch. In no particular order (because blogger's uploading feature is agonizingly non-sensical and I'm too tired to move em):

1)The outdoor carnival of the fest
2)The lion (which periodically animated, drank its beer, and then roared) atop the Lowenbrau tent where we met our fate
3)Beer!
4)Oktoberfest at night; I think my camera captured the drunken part of the Oktoberfest nicely in that picture
5)Surly Mick gets his drink on with a stein! (NEIN!)

No comments: