Dear Blog,

Not too much to talk about today. In an effort to de-formalize this blog, I’m going to attempt to do some more informal, bloggin-from-the-hip kind of shiznit this week. Plus it’ll help me churn more posts out and faster if I don’t spend too much time trying to perfect my grammar (damn MS Word with your green underlines everywhere! WHY!?) Anyhoo, day off today. I don't work again until 11 pm tomorrow night. I work Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights this week, 11 pm to 8 am. Lame. And there goes the old body clock again.

Last weekend was fairly tame – I spent too much time at work doing evening shifts (Friday and Saturday). Sunday I was off and cleaned my bathroom. That’s right, cleaned my damn bathroom. The weather is starting to get nice again even though there was ice on my car as recently as Friday. I can see Mount Rainier from my apartment again now – always a welcome sight. (I’ll post pictures if ever get a chance to sit down and set up my digital camera on this new computer - pictures from the retreat are still in the works as well). I went running outside for the first time in months on Sunday as well. It rocked. (Except for the running part, because I hate running, or jogging, or doing anything monotonous and painful for 15 minutes or longer). But it was nice to be outside. I even went down to a little middle school dirt track and ran a few laps on it. Made me feel like an old track guy again. Good memories with that…

Last night I ate dinner here, up in Seattle. I hadn’t been to the city in weeks, but was itching to go. [modified] On Sunday, Gwen and I went and saw “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.” Awesome movie – (See my thoughts on Mick Flicks). It got me thinking a lot, too, always a plus.

Anyway, Seattle is doing this “25 for 25” thing for the month of March in which 25 restaurants (nice, high priced type restaurants) put out 3-course dinners with various menu choices for 25 bucks, total. Last night I ate salmon, which alone was a 24-dollar entree. But with the deal, I got an appetizer and dessert as well and the whole thing was 25 bucks. (Sadly, that didn’t pay for the bottle of wine, or my date's dinner). Discostup needs to cut back on his spending a little. The burdens of adulthood are becoming costly. Oh well, if I eventually get deployed to Iraq I get all my salary completely tax-free while I’m there. I may get shot while participating in an unjust military campaign based on fictitious and lame premises, but at least it would help my credit debt.

Till next time.