Giant Choke

Well, the Giants got their ass kicked today - no two ways about it. (And emotionally, I did too.) Eli regressed to his rookie form, the defense forgot how to rush the passer, and we had exactly ZERO receivers that Philly was afraid of.

Now we've choked away the number one seed in ridiculous fashion to a hated rival, and in a related story I hate the world.

Incidentally, here's a picture of me near the end of the game:



"And we wept precious..."


I knew the game was over when we gave up a conversion on a 3rd and 20. That's when my gut sank. Somehow, even though there was still a lot of time left at that point, that's when I knew the shit had officially hit the fan.

I will now crawl into a cave, block out all sunlight, and forget the sound of trees and the taste of bread. Once there, I'll go back in time and relive last year's playoffs in my head over and over again. You know, that time we got that ring.

That one ring...


My...


Precious....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No. Words. :'(

Anonymous said...

*hug* to my poor Michael.

Gwendolyn

Anonymous said...

An "AVERAGE" quarterback just won't do in the NFL!!!

Adman said...

You're name came up a few times, Stup, as we watched the Giants lose.

Eryn: "I've been to the Man Room... I can pretty much picture where Mick is right now."

Adman: "Does that room have a corner?"

Eryn: "Yes...?"

Adman: "He's probably huddled in it right now."

Sorry buddy.

Gabriel said...

At least you still have the Steelers to root for...