LOST TIME

So it's been a couple of weeks. I was hoping to put out some sort of mammoth post to encompass the time. Sadly, I haven't gotten around to it.

Since the last time, Adam and Diana have come and gone, Thanksgiving has come and gone, and so has a full week of work. Some of the highlights:

Wednesday, November 24th - Friday, November 26th

These dates are highlighted by Adam and Diana's visit. Overall, it was a great time (see his blog to the right for details). I enjoyed seeing the team up in my neck of the woods. More importantly, I'm glad they got a chance to meet and hang out with Gwen. All went well. One of the things that has been really nice about being with Gwen is how well she's "fit" with all my old friends when they have come to visit. (Cameron, Adam, Diana, Eryn, Jon, etc). This was certainly reinforced by Adam and Diana's visit.

Thanskgiving was spent at cousin Cynthia's in company of my merry band of somewhat distant relatives up here. Again, see Adam's blog for ze-tails.

Friday, November 27th

Hung out with Gwen and saw "Garden State". Review at Mick Flicks forthcoming.

Saturday, November 28th

Didn't do too much. Breakfast at Rosebud. Played some Half-Life 2. Eventually I went out and got drunk and hung out with my cousin Heath at Club Medusa in Seattle. I was out until about three in the morning. Moderate hangover the next day. I've realized that having a "girlfriend" means that going out to clubs simply isn't as fun. It's not like I've ever been a lady killer or the like at clubs in the past or anything, but the mere possibility that I could meet (and hook up with) some nice young lass while I stood there people watching and enjoying a vodka tonic made the whole club outing thing a lot more interesting. Without that, it's just another place with too much smoke that's too loud. And I could be home playing Madden online... I'll have to come back to this notion and some thoughts in a future post.

Sunday, November 29th

A dark day. The Giants lost to the Eagles, and badly. Both my fantasy teams lost and my playoff races (especially in Mick's League O' Micks) became VERY jeopardized. Furthermore, the Giant's loss ensured I would have to spend a night out in the future at a bar wearing overalls and a wife beater. (That's right - I made that bet. And the Giants lost. And I'm paying for it.) I was in SUCH a pissy mood that afternoon. It was the first time Gwen experienced the "Giants aren't doing well and they lost to the Eagles, who should really all DIE" Mike - this can be a very disconcerting Mike to be around. Sometimes I hate the Eagles so much I can't stand it. As the Giants seasons wanes here in the coming weeks, I will be focusing all my energies into rooting against the Eagles at all costs. I hate that effing team. I don't know how else to say it - I just hate them and never want them to succeed at anything.

And furthermore, that Sunday, by being depressed and hungover I flaked on meeting up with my high school ex Nicole. She was in town and had finished the Seattle marathon that morning while my boys were getting beat upon. I feel bad about it. But I really blame the Eagles.

Monday-Friday, November 30th - December 3rd

A full week of work. It was a week back after a week off. It was depressing and tiring. I'm not exercising as much as I should be. Which leads to increased stress, which leads to exacerbations of my body dysmorphic disorder, which leads to me getting bummed out. I have to remember to sleep enough and get enough exercise. And eat right. I swear those three things should be the cornerstones of everyone's life (before children, and even after children keep 2 of the 3). If everyone did these things, the world would be a happier place. I'm basing this on personal experience here.

Saturday, December 4th

Not a bad day off. Woke up and got some Rosebud (favorite breakfast place). Then met one John-boy Clemmens and some of his work boys and played some touch football for about 3 hours in 41 degree rainy weather. It was a blast - and I'm feeling it today. Got home, showered, and took a nap. Got up, got a burrito for dinner, and the I played 5 straight hours of Counter-Strike. Eryn played with me for the first hour and then the last hour. By the end I was seeing double. But I was starting to get some of the old skills back. A big waste of time. But I can't complain too much - the game is fun.

Sunday, December 5th

Here we are. Watched football. Ate dinner. Typed this. Yada yada.


And there it is. This is a quick and terribly written, vastly unedited post because I need to get to bed. (See my rules above). There are a lot more things I'd like to discuss and maybe I'll do that this week in more meaningful, more superiorly crafted posts. I hate the quick and dirty type narratives I've been putting up here.

God damn this blog has become a source of guilt. Ugh. Like I need more of that.

Anyway, till next time.


No comments: