Untitled

It’s been a while. Even so, I’d be a fool to try and catch up on the last week and a half worth of info in one post. (Plus, no one would read the whole thing given it’s probable length). So I’ll see if I can break it up a little over this week and get some things down here. A lot has happened and I’ve been busy.

(Aside: On the TV behind me the Red Sox just won game 4 of the ACLS with a home run in extra innings (the 12th?) Boo. I hate the Sox.)

It’s been a long and drudging football Sunday. I hit the sports bar this morning at 9:30 – it’s become harder to get a seat at the bar now that the Seahawks are actually a decent team. The Giants were off today, but I watched all the morning games regardless. I can’t believe how time much I dedicate to watching football. I watch nearly every game every week, give or take some of the afternoon games and the Sunday night game. It’s like a second job (especially this month given that Sunday is my only day off each week). But I find that watching football is only really fun when my teams (Giants and fantasy teams) are winning. At least the Giants are playing well…

My fantasy teams are in the toilet (combined record 3-9). I can’t remember having a year this bad. It’s frustrating – given how much I know about and like football you’d think I would be better at it. I think that the competition has grown over the years. I lost a Madden game online earlier tonight, which only made things worse. It was an overtime game. Boo.

My last week and a half has been filled with a lot of my friend Cameron and I hanging out. Another friend from med school came and stayed with me as well, though only briefly and because he was interviewing for a radiology residency at my hospital. What makes his visit interesting, however, is that he is currently stationed (in the Army) in Germany and actually spent 6 months in Baghdad. Given the ever increasing likelihood that I end up spending some time in Iraq over the next couple of years, I was very interested in what he had to say. So more on that in a later post.

Seriously, though, I would say my chances of going to Iraq in the next two years for at least some time (6 or greater months) is about 85% right now. I’m trying not think about it. Ugh.

Gwen and I saw “Team America – World Police” on Saturday. The film had me in absolute stitches. More on that later, as well. (And hopefully in Mick Flicks).

Oh, and there’s an election coming up. I think I missed the registration deadline. Bad citizen, I guess. Perhaps I’ll kidnap a Bush supporter and hold him at gunpoint until the election is over, thus canceling out both of our votes. More likely, I’ll just sit on the couch and scream at the TV as the results come in.

More to come as the week progresses.




No comments: