MORE WORK DAY BLOGGIN’

It’s Tuesday afternoon and I’m stuck at work. I’m actually finding it peaceful to slip into the library and do a little work-day blogging each day (as long as work remains relatively slow, like yesterday and today). Not much to report today. I watched some Monday night football last night. Decent game. Both my fantasy teams lost this week, however, and that bums me out. I’m still waiting for the "trifecta" to occur, meaning that the Giants and both fantasy teams pull out a win all in the same week. So far no luck.

On Sunday I finished “Bringing Down the House”, which was a great read. Not exceptionally well written, mind you, but it was hard to put down and the fact that it was more or less true made it completely enthralling. Given the number of times that I and my crew (*flashes gang sign*) have been to Vegas, and have played blackjack, and have discussed counting, I found it to be pretty damn entertaining. I wonder if we were there during some of those weekends when the MIT team was in action. We must have been .

That said, I wonder how much of the story was true. If you read the beginning disclaimer of the book (which I did), the author states that the character’s names and descriptions have been changed. He also states that some of the events have been “combined” or something like that. The gist of the story is obviously true, and a counting team from MIT certainly existed, but I wonder if the “key moments” as described by the author (like the chip on the kitchen table, and others) are actually real, or exaggerated just a tad for effect. Regardless, a great read. Check it out.

Back to work.

No comments: