I WISH I WAS A LITTLE BETTER BLOGGER...

I wish I was a baller... Long time, no blog. Same old, same old. The reason this time? Well, its most likely tied to a time-sucking new pastime I’ve discovered. Online Madden. That game has me hooked. A week or so ago I went out and bought a network adaptor for my PS2, a router, and some cable. Now, I’m playing video game football against yahoos all over the country. It’s a total blast.

Kurt Warner and the rest of my Giants now face off against other teams all over the place. I’m matching wits head to head with other online Madden coaches with names like “Dahedbussa” (Say it phonetically), “Pugsplayas” and the like. Good stuff. My record is currently 3-3. The Giants are not a great team in this year’s Madden, and I have limited experience playing against other humans. One of my losses was an unlucky system disconnect (my internet went down). The other 2 were legit. I’ve had some nice wins as well. All in all it’s good fun. And man does it suck some time.

Other than that, life has been busy. Last weekend I went to Canada with George and Pete’s taint on Saturday. We stayed over in a hotel in Vancouver on Saturday night and went out on the town and got absolutely smashed. Sunday we woke up and headed to a Canadian sports bar (yes, it’s a funny phrase) and watched football hungover all day.

Vancouver is a fun city in a multitude of ways, but the best thing about it is the sushi. Some of the best and cheapest sushi I’ve ever had. All Nigiri come at 99 cents per piece. And that’s in Canadian money, which is essentially monopoly money. That translates to about 60 or 70 cents US for a piece of fish. It’s about 1.30 or so for 2 pieces. You do the math – that’s about 5 orders of Nigiri for under 10 bucks. And the fish is amazing.

I love me some Canada. CFL football is also the coolest. Why I haven’t started a CFL fantasy league yet I haven’t a clue.

Oh there’s so much more to tell about the past few weeks but I don’t even know where to begin. In order for this blog to work, I should really be posting stuff daily. I still owe the story of Pete and I from TWO weekends ago. I still owe the story of my life in terms of the female situation. (It has settled out quite a bit, thankfully). I still owe a lot of book discussion and some movie discussion. The whole of it feels so overwhelming that I don’t even know where to begin. So I think I won’t – it’s Friday after all. We’ll see what I get to actually explaining. Though this blog is starting to feel more like work than anything. Yet another series of unwritten documents (so much of my work life is mired in documentation). It’s hard to sit down and type anymore. Clinic notes, commish notes, blog entries, emails. I’m behind on all of them with the possible exception of clinic notes from work. Apparently I’m supposed to keep up on those at the least.

Hmm, what else. This weekend the one and only Jon Yarris is rolling in with his family. I haven’t seen old Jon and the team for awhile, so I’m pumped to do some hanging out. I can’t believe how much having kids changes everything. I’m psyched to re-meet Jake and see the new little girl and Lainie as well. Should be good stuff – a full report to come later.

More football on Sunday – this time I will watch another nerve wracking Giants game against the Cleveland Browns. Watching the Giants may lead me to start chain smoking. Did you see the Giants almost lose despite forcing SYXX turnovers last week? That kind of stuff is taking years off my life. Intolerable.

Oh, this post is all over the road. I’ve definitely lost a step in the entertaining writing portion of my life. Too many clinic notes.

This is a 28 yo male who comes in to clinic today concerned he can’t keep up with his blog responsibilities. Pt’s past medical history includes….

Yada yada. Friday afternoon. I’m out. I’ll try and keep up more.


No comments: