Long Time – No Blog

Perhaps it’s time to change that with flagrant overcompensation. Two weeks have gone by since the last entry, and a lot has happened. I find that after these long hiatuses, it is intimidating to sit here and stare at a big open Word ™ document and likewise hard to know where to begin.

To start, I suppose I could say that I’ve updated a few things on my sidebar. I still owe this blog a discussion about the books I’ve been reading and my thoughts. Sadly, I don’t do these things in a timely manner and hence some of the impulse thoughts tend to fade away. The same thing happens with Mick Flicks. Besides “The Corporation”, I have recently seen “I, Robot” and “The Bourne Supremacy” and all certainly deserve their time in the sun on Mick Flicks. (Especially “I, Robot” – man was that movie made for my site).


In other news, I guess I’ve been doin’ stuff and seein’ stuff. I still love the city life. I still drink a little too much about one night each weekend, though the amount has been decreasing, thankfully. I went to a Mariner’s game a couple weekends ago which was good fun. Sitting out in the sun, watching a game – reminded me of the days in San Diego watching the Pads – only some drunk guy wasn’t calling Raul Mondesi a “pussy face” at the top of his lungs in front of about 20 little kids. Nice work that guy, in retrospect.

I won another Super Bowl with the Giants for the fourth year in a row, this time on the white-knuckled ALL-MADDEN setting. I was mildly proud of that. It wasn’t nearly as easy as the other years.

It’s been hot as hell here lately, and there is no air conditioning in this town. As much as I love my apartment, it becomes a sauna in the late afternoon on warm days as the sun beats down the front windows. Oh well, I shan’t complain too much – before I know it the only late afternoon beat-down will be a constant drizzle and dark gray skies.

It’s getting late and I’m tired. I should really update this thing more often. It would be more fun to point out the little day-to-day things that I find funny than keep bringing up big dramatic issues, I think. Not sure what everyone would rather read, though.

Peace.

No comments: