When I come home….on the telephone…I hear you waiting for me…

Don’t know where that came from, but oh well deal with it. I just finished watching the sunset (at 9:15 pm) from my roof of my new apartment building. Just me and a beer 6 stories up on Capitol Hill taking in the sight of the setting sun over the city skyline, all silhouetted with the Olympic Mountain range over the Puget Sound as a back drop. Good shit. Next time I’ll bring my camera up there.

Ah, the move continues – I’m down to a few final tasks at the old place – namely moving my mountain bike and some other assorted odds and ends (less than a cab full at this point). Then, I have to give a few more things to goodwill (my desk, mainly), decide what to do with my old computer (it may get scrapped) – and then, lastly, clean the place up. Feels good to be close to being done. After that, it’s just a matter of fine tuning the new place and I’ll be ready for some hard core city livin’.

I’ve noticed, during this move, that dust triggers a serious reaction in me. I knew I was allergic to dust mites before (medical fact: dust mite allergy is 1 of the top 3 prevalent allergies nation-wide. Also in the top 3 – cockroach shit allergy – suck on that!), but I hadn’t been so affected by them until now. So, my old place is just a mess of dust now and when I go in there I eventually develop a multitude of annoying sneeze attacks. I’m out of my beloved Zyrtec and so I go through about a half a box of tissues per visit. And everyone who knows me knows how damn annoying it is for me to hear me blow my nose.

I got a new cell phone on Friday with a new (Seattle area code) phone number so if you want it and don’t have it – email me. My new phone is sweet – it’s a camera phone and though I thought the feature wouldn’t be all that useful I find myself playing with it all the time. It should make for some good documentation of drunken nights out. Reminds me of Japan in that way and everyone’s obsession with photos and photo-booths in particular. Plus, I can email those bad boys straight to my email account and thus have them later to post up. Again, the possibilities intrigue me.

Work continues to grind on – I think I have about 9 days left on the wards. There should be 1 or 2 more days off in there, so it’s not unbearable, but man I can’t wait for it to end. Then I have 3 months (3 MONTHS!) of all my weekends off and almost no call. I haven’t had that since med school. It should be a fun summer come July 1st. If only I could figure out what I want to do with my life professionally. (After I go to Iraq, that is…)

And with that, I clicked on Mick Flicks the other day and found it to be woefully underwritten. Ah, the point of it is to put thoughts down about movies when I see them. I simply haven’t had the time. Hopefully I can update it soon. I haven’t seen a movie in a while – that should also change come July 1st.

Bedtime for bonzo, come on kids…


No comments: