Life is busy. Not a lot of time for quality posting at the moment – this despite a lot going on. I finished out my week doing night shifts for cardiology. One night (Tuesday) was absolutely crazy – like an episode of ER but for real. Perhaps I’ll tell the tale later.

Mick flicks needs updating – I’ve seen “A Clockwork Orange” (continuing on my Kubrick fetish), “Supersize Me”, and “Kill Bill – Volume 2” all in a span of 3 days. All interesting films.

The most excitement, however, is generated by my new apartment. I picked up the keys on Saturday and walked in to the fresh paint smell for the first time. I’m really pumped to be living in the city. I now have sweet, secure underground parking in the heart of Capitol Hill (my neighborhood), a place know for its hideous parking situation. Last night I got the place, moved a few things in (including a futon that I slept on), and hung out in the city. There’s a grocery store about a block away, so I stocked up on some essentials. Then, got a burrito at “Bimbo’s Bitchin’ Burrito” (also a block away). Afterward, I wandered to the local hipster coffee shop, picked up a “Seattle Weekly”, then walked downtown (about a 7 minute walk) and saw “Kill Bill”. On the way back, I stopped back at my local irish bar (photo in a minute) and had a beer. Following that I walked up another block and got a slice of late night pizza. I went to my roof and ate it, while downing another beer. Then I went to bed, for the first time, in my new pad. This morning I woke up, rolled out to a cool little breakfast place (2 blocks away) called “Rosebud”. Had some coffee, ate some food, read my book, then went back to the new pad. City living – I could definitely be into it.

Tonight I’m off to work for my last cardiology shift. Tomorrow, I begin the dreaded wards. In the meantime, I made a rough little web page about my new apartment for the website. I haven’t linked the actual page to the rest of the site yet, but here is a direct link. Enjoy.




No comments: