All Hail "Six-Burgh"

Gwen and I spent the wee hours of Super Bowl Sunday in GMT+1 watching the Steelers rise, then fall, then rise again in Super Bowl 43.

The game marked the sixth Super Bowl Title for Burgh, but more importantly marked the end of live football viewing in Man Room (barring me watching the Pro Bowl at 3 am next weekend which ain't happening).

I thought the game was good but I was fretting for Gwendolyn's sake, especially when the Cardinals pulled back all the momentum in the fourth quarter. Still, not a half bad way to end two solid years of Man Room football viewing. Man Room was very kind to us in two seasons of NFL viewership (the first two years we were in Europe we watched at Gwen's house, though a full season for her and partial season for me were spent watching from Iraq) with both the G-men and Steelers hauling in Super Bowl rings. The aura of Man Room will be greatly missed.

What will not be missed is staying up through the wee hours of night just to watch live football. For the Super Bowl this time, I made the critical mistake of forsaking a much needed pre-game nap in order to get in a few more hours of Team Fortress 2, a move which proved painful in the second half of the Super Bowl, which I endured with a skull-splitting headache and anoverwhelming sense of fatigue. Far more than for the Steelers, I was rooting for the game to not go to overtime.

And now, the offseason. A time to relax, reflect, and yet still refresh the NFL section on espn.com about four times a day looking for any scrap or update of NFL news. Yes, that's my offseason.

Plus now I'll have more time for Madden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"but more importantly"?

"BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY"?!?!?!?!

NOTHING is more important than the Steelers winning their sixth Super Bowl title. Apparently, we need to repeat the lessons....

Although, I, too, also look forward to being able to actually watch the 4 pm games or Monday Night games instead of going to bed and missing them.

Gwen

Unknown said...

I only vaguely understand how people on the east coast manage to watch football...