Croatia Pics at Last

First, a milestone.

As of 30 June, 2008, I had exactly ONE year left in the military. That's it! As of now, it's more like 51 weeks. Let the countdown begin.

I've been busy the last two weeks. As a penalty for my early June vacations, I got blasted with call in the latter part of June through this weekend. I did a week of the wards - a busy week averaging 12-15 patients and constant turnover - and then followed it up with four straight nights over the holiday weekend. Boo. Luckily things trim down a little in terms of call after tonight (my last of the four). But man that was rough. The older I get, the more I hate night call. It's a young man's sport.


OK, I got a bunch of Croatia pics uploaded. Looking back on the pics was fun - man we had a blast. Something else I noticed? Eryn really, really out-jackassed me in these photos. Normally I take pride in being the resident jackass on trip photos. Well, E, hat's off - you schooled me this time out. At least I took the stupid game, which thankfully is not recorded. Maybe on Eryn's camera I out-jackassed him. We'll see when he posts his pics, I guess.

Until then, enjoy!


Croatia 2008

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Less than a year? Nice! Does that mean we need to hook you up with a realtor when you're in town this summer?

Anonymous said...

Mike: I really enjoyed the pics after all WE ARE STUPARICH!!!!!

Discostup said...

Mom - good fun was had by all. Wait until you see Mallory's pictures - she only took about 1000.

Norm - I like the way you think. But first we need to find jobs, then a place to live. Actually we may rent initially, because the prospect of going through the home buying process from way over here is not a pleasant one.

Gabriel said...

Nope. Norm, get your realtor all lined up for Mike this summer - maybe you haven't heard Mick, but there are some good deals out here in SoCal right now. Finding a job first would be far too responsible.

Excellent pics and captions - I especially like the Eddie Bauer/Fun boy decision caption.

A best of all is the official countdown - you should have one of those rolling tickers set up on your blog to continuously count down the days.

G

Unknown said...

Our realtor is limbering up... I'll point her to your countdown ticker as soon as it goes up.

Discostup said...

I just spent about 30 minutes trying to incorporate a countdown clock into this thing - and it just ain't working. Good thought though.