Back from Vacation

And back to work. Got home last night (Sunday). I'll give a more in depth Whistler update (with pics!) later on this week. For now I'll just say it was good fun had by all. I loved my new board. Snow was adequate if not spectacular, and the night life was certainly enjoyable.

Now I'm back to work, in the ICU for a full 4 weeks. It's back to every fourth night on call with the sickest of the sick. In other words, time to bust out the medical "A-game". Furthermore, I have to be at work every day by about 6:30. And I have a 45 minute commute. Ugh. I just don't function well that early.

Gwen and I watched Collateral tonight, starring the cock-sure movie megastar Tom Cruise. And man was he cock-sure in this one. Overall, the film held my attention. But it started out better than it finished, and it just plain unraveled at parts near the end. Tom Cruise plays the same damn guy in every movie. Unbelievable. But watchable, I guess. I'll rant more on the spoiler details if anyone's interested.

And that's it. It's Valentine's day. I'll spare all regarding my feelings about the Hallmark holiday from hell. But luckily, Gwen and I feel the same way about it. How romantic.

Out.

No comments: